Corporate Social Responsibility
The Ethical Venue of Choice - MIC Hotel and Conference Centre
MIC Hotel and Conference Centre is a social enterprise providing quality 4* hotel accommodation and conference facilities in central London. The business supports international and domestic students studying in London and overseas within a multi-cultural, multi-faith environment. Registered to the prestigious City of London Climate Pledge, we are committed to protecting and enhancing the environment whilst minimising the environmental aspect of our business activities. By using MIC you are supporting the student bursaries and educational projects in the developing world. At macro and micro level, MIC embodies corporate social responsibility. Our CSR policy, integrates social and environmental concerns into all our business practices, can be catergorised as follows:
On a corporate level – the provision of quality products and services to our clients:
- We were one of the first 4* award winning ethical hotels in the UK.
- A third of your spend is used for charitable purposes supporting marginalised students and educational projects.
- We deliver environmentally responsible catering and cleaning standards to ISO14001 standard
- We offer good value rates, accommodation and seasonal produce
- We do business efficiently to create value whilst improving competitiveness for the benefit of our stakeholders and society at large
- We minimise the unnecessary use of energy and water as well as collect, segregate, re-use and recycled waste
- We use environmentally responsible suppliers and contractors
- We have developed and promoted good environmental citizenship at all levels of our business and are registered to the prestigious City of London Climate Pledge
We have always developed and promoted good environmental citizenship at all levels of our business. Whereas our ultimate goal is to achieve the highest international standard for environmental performance (ISO 14001) through energy efficiency, water sustainability, food sustainability, waste management and environmental education we are also looking to further reduce our carbon foot print.
Our current aim is continue to create tangible value in the businesses we conduct whilst improving competitiveness for the benefit of our stakeholders and society at large. Additionally, we want to ensure that public expectations and our ethical stance is adhered to and incorporated into all our business practices.
If you expect the comfort, standards and security that MIC offers, with its contemporary style and attention to detail, then we warmly invite you to meet with us to find out more about how we can work together.
John Nyota (Rev), Director of Charity/ Deputy CEO:
We look forward to meeting you.
Social Entrepreneurship in the Hotel Industry:
An Application of the Balanced Scorecard to Social Entrepreneurship in Hotels.
With the increasing number of non-profits and social programs within for-profit organizations, the awareness to reduce social problems has risen. This need and awareness has lead to the development of social enterprises, businesses whose primary goal it is to tackle social problems by being financially independent and by re-investing its surpluses back into the business or community to meet these social objectives.
To read more click here to download Maria Becker's Bachelor Thesis, International Hospitality Management.