Terms & Conditions
Hire of MIC for Accommodation, Conferences, Meetings & Events
Charges and payments
1. MIC requires full payment prior to the event date. 50% to be paid at the time of booking, and the remaining amount to be paid 2 weeks before the event. Failure to do this, may result in your booking being postponed.
2. Any client wishing to apply for credit may notify MIC of their request and a credit application form will be sent. MIC reserves the right to decline any request for credit. A deposit of up to 50% may still be payable for a booking made by a client with a credit account.
3. Unless otherwise stated, all prices quoted are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
4. Prices are reviewed annually with any relevant price increases applying each September; the prices charged will be those current on the date of the event, unless otherwise agreed by MIC. MIC reserves the right to review the prices every year including adjustments in light of any VAT changes.
5. Any payments due after the meeting, conference or event is to be within 14 days of the invoice date. In the event of late payment any discounts will not apply.
Confirmation by client
6. All bookings are considered provisional until the client signs the contract. Once the contract is signed all such facilities and services reserved on your behalf will be subject to the terms and conditions of the contract.
7. The contract must be signed and returned by the client within 3 working days of the date of issue or if such time is not available (e.g. late booking) within 48 hours. If the contract is not received by MIC within this period, then MIC reserves the right to release the provisional booking and re-let the facilities.
8. Numbers must be advised to MIC at the time of verbal communication and will be identified on the contract. Final timings, menus, AV and special requests must be confirmed to MIC 5 working days prior to arrival. If not charges may be incurred.
Amendments by the Client
9. Any amendments to guest numbers, arrangements or cancellation must be confirmed to MIC in writing.
10. No additional charges will be made if numbers are reduced 5 days prior to the event date, providing that they do not fall below the minimum number of delegates for each room. If they do then the appropriate under occupancy rate will apply and will be charged. Alternatively MIC reserves the right to move the client to a smaller room if delegate numbers have reduced.
11. Please see table for all cancellation deadlines and charges below.
Amendments by MIC
a) Should MIC for reasons beyond its control, need to make any amendments to your booking, we reserve the right to offer a reasonable alternative choice of facilities.
b) Should the client make significant changes to the programme or the expected number of guests, this may result in amendments in the applicable rates and/or facilities offered by MIC.
13. MIC may cancel the booking:
a) If the booking might, in the opinion of MIC, prejudice the reputation of MIC.
b) If the client is more than 14 days in arrears of previous payments to MIC.
c) If MIC becomes aware of any alteration in the clients financial situation.
14. The meeting rooms are available from the time shown on your contract. Any extension will incur additional charges. Note that subject to the discretion of MIC, additional charges will be levied for early access or set up time.
15. The bedroom accommodation is available from 2.00pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated by 10.00 am on the day of departure, unless specific arrangements have been agreed with MIC.
16. All luggage and equipment is placed at owner’s risk. MIC cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to client’s property. If MIC equipment is used then the client is responsible for it whilst in use. If the equipment is faulty then a member of staff should be notified immediately. MIC will endeavour to see that equipment is set up and working before the start of the event. Specific requests for equipment must be notified in advance with a minimum of 5 working days notice required.
17. No food, alcohol or beverages may be consumed on the premises unless provided by MIC, unless agreed in writing by MIC. Where corkage is agreed this must be agreed verbally and in writing by an authorised member of MIC staff.
18. Notices of any kind or flipchart sheets should NOT be stuck to walls, other than the rails provided in some of the rooms. Any damage caused by misuse in this way will be charged to the client’s final invoice.
19. Rooms will be set up in accordance with the instructions received. MIC cannot be responsible for last minute changes of layout or AV requirements. In the event that a change is required on the day, an appropriate charge will be applied.
20. MIC does not have an on-site technician, therefore we advise for larger events or events where there is a lot of technical equipment that you hire a technician. We can provide this service at an extra cost.
21. MIC will not tolerate rude or loutish behaviour either to yourselves, MIC staff, or other guests. In the case where this does occur MIC reserves the right to ask the offender to leave the premises. MIC will not be responsible for any loss that occurs because of this.
Hotel Bedroom Cancellation Policy
23. For the accommodation group bookings of 1 to 2 hotel bedrooms, MIC must receive written notification of cancellation by 10am, 24 hours prior to the arrival date; for bookings of 3 bedrooms our cancellation policy is 1 week prior to arrival; for group bookings of 3 to 5 bedrooms our policy is 2 weeks prior to arrival; for group bookings of 6 bedrooms or higher our policy is 4 weeks prior to arrival. Failure to adhere to our cancellation policy will result in full charges being incurred.
24. Credit card details must be provided for all accommodation bookings at the time of the booking, including bookings which are to be paid on account. Accommodation bookings are not treated as definite and are not guaranteed until credit card details are provided to MIC. MIC reserves the right to cancel accommodation bookings which are not guaranteed by credit card. For group bookings of 3 or more bedrooms MIC requires a 50% deposit in a 2 weeks time from the booking date. Deposit is refundable if the booking is cancelled 2 weeks for 3-10 bedrooms and 4 weeks for bookings of more than 10 bedrooms prior to arrival.
Last updated 6.08.2012