MIC Environmental Policy 2012
MIC is strongly committed to the ideals of the Fair Trade movement and to a clear environmental policy. As a social enterprise MIC s the embodiment of the now popular corporate social responsibility.
Simply, we plough all that we get to supporting home and overseas students, as well as a range of other charities. By supporting MIC you will be supporting these good causes, and as guests you will receive first class services in an accredited 4 star venue, in the heart of London.
MIC is committed to reducing its impact on the environment, preventing pollution and striving for continual improvement beyond legal compliance.
In 2010 and 2011 MIC reduced its carbon by 2% and aims to reduce it by a further 3% by the end of 2012. MIC also aims to achieve ISO 14001:2004 certification by June 2012.
In 2012, efforts will focus on:
- Engaging staff, residents and clients in MIC’s environmental management
- Producing a sustainable procurement policy to engage with MIC’s supply chain
- Formalising and improving MIC’s waste management system
- Developing a plan for a sustainable refurbishment of MIC’s premises
- Working with other organisations to spread best practice in sustainability